Guest lecture by Anja van der Hulst (TNO)
In this lecture, you will:
- Learn about how knowledge is used in real-world settings by use of games.
- Learn about the trade-offs between level of detail, playability & implementation issues
- Tarja Susi, Mikael Johannesson, and Per Backlund (2007) Serious Games – An Overview. School of Humanities and Informatics, University of Skövde, Sweden, Technical Report HS-IKI-TR-07-001.
- Amy L. Alexander1, Tad Brunyé, Jason Sidman, and Shawn A. Weil (2005) From Gaming to Training: A Review of Studies on Fidelity, Immersion, Presence, and Buy-in and Their Effects on Transfer in PC-Based Simulations and Games. DARWARS Training Impact Group
- Anja van der Hulst, Tijmen Muller, Sam Besselink, Dennis Coetsier, Major Clemens Roos (2008) Bloody Serious Gaming – Experiences with Job Oriented Training.Proceedings of The Interservice/Industry Training, Simulation & Education Conference (I/ITSEC)
Slides cannot be made available due to TNO policy on this topic.